Here are 101 quotes my personal collection to
inspire and encourage you. Some of them will motivate, trouble or challenge you, but my
hope is that each of them will touch your heart, and give you a boost through your day.
Im always adding to my collection, and your
suggestions are appreciated. If you have a quote youd like to share with me, please
email it to: Coach@philiphumbert.com.
1. "How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a
single moment to improve the world." Anne Frank
2. "Be faithful in small things because it is in them
that your strength lies." Mother Teresa
3. "Happiness is that state of consciousness which
proceeds from the achievement of one's values." Ayn Rand
4. "Imagine." John Lennon
5. "Love has nothing to do with what you are
expecting to get, only with what you are expected to give... Which is everything."
6. "Men often become what they believe themselves to
be. If I believe I cannot do something, it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I
believe I can, then I acquire the ability to do it even if I didn't have it in the
beginning." Mahatma Gandhi
7. "No person was ever honored for what he received.
Honor has been the reward for what he gave."
8. "The greatest discovery of my generation is that a
human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind!" William
9. "Throw your heart over the fence and the rest will
follow!" Norman Vincent Peale
10. "Try not to become a man (person) of success but
rather try to become a man of value." Albert Einstein
11. "We are what we imagine. Our very existence
consists in our imagination of ourselves. The greatest tragedy that can befall us is
to go unimagined." N. Scott Momaday
12. "What a pity that so many people rather believe
their doubts and doubt their beliefs.
Why don't we just decide to have no doubts,
and believe our beliefs! Fear and worry is just the misuse of the creative powers we
originally got to dream." Jannie Putter
13. "When the light has sharply faded and you have
lost your way, let another's love guide you. It can turn blackest night into day."
14. "As we are liberated from our own fear, our
presence automatically liberates others." Marianne Williamson
15. "Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or
condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be
born." Dale E. Turner
16. "I like thinking of possibilities. At any time,
an entirely new possibility is liable to come along and spin you off in an entirely new
direction. The trick, I've learned, is to be awake to the moment." Doug Hall
17. "Inspiration grows into full-scale creation
through persistence and imagination." Carol Lloyd
18. "Life's up and downs provide windows of
opportunity to determine... [your] values and goals...Think of using all obstacles as
stepping stones to build the life you want." Marsha Sinetar
19. "Nothing happens unless first a dream."
20. "Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except
by those who dared believe that something inside them was superior to circumstance."
21. "Only those who will risk going too far can
possibly find out how far one can go." T. S. Eliot
22. "Some men see things as they are and ask why.
Others dream things that never were and ask why not." George Bernard Shaw
23. "To conquer fear is the beginning of
wisdom." Bertrand Russell
24. "We have to do the best we can. This is our
sacred human responsibility." Albert Einstein
25. "When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength
in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am
afraid." Audre Lorde
26. "Work and play are the same. When you're
following your energy and doing what you want all the time, the distinction between work
and play dissolves." Shakti Gawain
27. "Our prayers are answered not when we are given
what we ask, but when we are challenged to be what we can be." Morris Adler
28. "The future belongs to those who believe in the
beauty of their dreams." Eleanor Roosevelt
29. "The man who has no imagination has no
wings." Muhammad Ali
30. "Always know in your heart that you are far
bigger than anything that can happen to you." Dan Zadra
31. "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I
would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used
everything you gave me." Erma Bombeck
32. "Never underestimate the power of passion."
33. "Freedom is actually a bigger game than power.
Power is about what you can control. Freedom is about what you can unleash."
34. "One can never consent to creep when one feels
the impulse to soar." Helen Keller
35. "How many cares one loses when one decides not to
be something, but (instead) someone." Coco Chanel
36. "Learn to get in touch with the silence within
yourself, and know that everything in this life has purpose. There are no mistakes, no
coincidences. All events are blessings given to us to learn from." Elizabeth
37. "Imagination is the highest kite that one can
fly." Lauren Bacall
38. "Accept the pain, cherish the joys, resolve the
regrets; then can come the best of benedictions - If I had my life to live over,
Id do it all the same." Joan McIntosh
39. "I have made a great discovery. What I love
belongs to me. It is only a question of loving them enough." Elizabeth Asquith
40. "Keep true, never be ashamed of doing right.
Decide on what you think is right, and stick to it."
41. "Parents can only give good advice or put one on
the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own
hands." Anne Frank
42. "Only on the surface of things have I ever trod
the beaten path. So long as I could keep from hurting anyone else, I have lived, as
completely as it was possible, the life of my choice." Ellen Glasgow
43. "Everything has its wonders, even darkness and
silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content."
44. "You gain strength, courage and confidence by
every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face... You must do the
thing which you think you cannot do." Eleanor Roosevelt
45. "Today I have grown taller from walking with the
trees." Karle Wilson
46. "Everyone has a talent. What is rare is the
courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads." Erica Jong
47. "I keep my ideals, because in spite of
everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart." Anne Frank
48. "I cannot believe that the inscrutable universe
turns on an axis of suffering; surely the strange beauty of the world must somewhere rest
on pure joy." Louise Bogan
49. "There is no satisfaction whatever at any time.
There is only a queer dissatisfaction; a blessed unrest that keeps us marching and makes
us more alive than the others." Martha Graham
50. "Surmounting difficulty is the crucible that
forms character." Anthony Robbins
51. "I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but
it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks, as if they were great and noble."
52. "The future belongs to those who believe in the
beauty of their dreams." Eleanor Roosevelt
53. "Take your life in your own hands, and what
happens? A terrible thing: no one to blame." Erica Jong
54. "Don't be prisoner of your past, but the
archetect of your future." Unknown
55. "Everything's in the mind. That's where it all
starts. Knowing what you want is the first step toward getting it." Mae West
56. "I want to do it because I want to do it."
57. "You don't get to choose how you're going to die,
or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now." Joan Baez
58. "You can gain strength, courage and confidence by
every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing
which you think you cannot do." Eleanor Roosevelt
59. "Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul.
Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal." Pamela Vaull Starr
60. "You may have a fresh start any moment you
choose, for this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying
down." Mary Pickford
61. "Courage is very important. Like a muscle, it is
strengthened by use." Ruth Gordon
62. "If you don't quit, and don't cheat, and don't
run home when trouble arrives, you can only win." Shelley Long
63. "When a woman falls in love with the magnificent
possibilities within herself, the forces that would limit those possibilities hold less
and less sway over her." Marianne Williamson
64. "We are all pencils in the hand of a writing God,
who is sending love letters to the world." Mother Teresa
65. "What you leave behind is not what is engraved in
stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others." Pericles
66. "Everything can be taken away from a man but one
thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of
circumstances, to choose one's own way." Viktor Frankl
67. "The thoughts we choose to think are the tools we
use to paint the canvas of our lives." Louise Hay
68. "What the caterpillar calls the end of the world,
the master calls a butterfly." Richard Bach
69. "There are only two ways to live your life. One
is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
70. "Pleasure is not the purpose of man's existence.
Joy is." David O. McKay
71. "Between stimulus and response, there is a space.
In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our
freedom." Stephen Covey
72. "The secret of man's being is not only to live
but to have something to live for." Dostoyevsky
73. "Our greatest fear is not that we are powerless.
Our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure." Marianne Williamson
74. "Your vision will become clear only when you can
look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakens."
75. "I'm never sure until I've begun putting words on
the page, and they suddenly start pulling me along, where before I'd been pushing them,
that it's going to work this time, that it's going to catch fire..." Joan
76. "Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be
true to yourself. Being true to anyone else or anything else is . . . impossible."
77. "Associate reverently, as much as you can, with
your loftiest thoughts." Henry David Thoreau
78. "Dreams come a size too big so that we can grow
into them. " Josie Bisset
79. "For me, security is not knowing what's going to
happen. Because if I don't know, it could be terrific." Gloria Steinem
80. "Every great advance in science has issued from a
new audacity of imagination." John Dewey
81. "You cannot be lonely if you like the person
you're alone with." Wayne Dyer
82. "There will come a time when you believe
everything is finished. That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
83. "Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news.
The good news is that you don't know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you
can accomplish! And what your potential is!" Anne Frank
84. "If you are never scared, embarrassed, or hurt,
it means you never take chances." Julia Soul
85. "The soul enters thru the wound of defeat."
86. "The more you seek security, the less of it you
have. But the more you seek opportunity, the more likely it is that you will achieve the
security that you desire." Brian Tracy
87. "The only limits are, as always, those of
vision." James Broughton
88. "The biggest human temptation is to settle for
too little." Thomas Merton
89. "The strongest single factor in prosperity
consiousness is self-esteem: believing you can do it, believing you deserve it, believing
you will get it." Jerry Gillies
90. "Change your thoughts and you change your
world." Norman Vincent Peale
91. "Faith is the bird that sings when the dawn is
still dark." Rabindranath Tagore
92. "The world is round and the place which may seem
like the end may also be only the beginning." Ivy Baker Priest
93. " One thing that comes out in myths is that at
the bottom of the abyss comes the voice of salvation. The black moment is the moment when
the real message of transformation is going to come. At the darkest moment comes the
light." Joseph Campbell
94. "Maintaining a complicated life is a great way to
avoid changing it." Elaine St. James
95. "Everything is so dangerous that nothing is
really very frightening." Gertrude Stein
96. "It only takes one person to change your life --
you." Ruth Casey
97. "Tears are like rain. They loosen up our soil so
we can grow in different directions." Virginia Casey
98. "Don't worry about whether or not I am now happy.
Today is only chapter 1. We have yet to write the book." Lois Wyse
99. "God does not ask your ability or your inability.
He asks only your availability." Mary Kay Ash
100. "Start living now. Stop saving the good china
for that special occasion. Stop withholding your love until that special person
materializes. Every day you are alive is a special occasion. Every minute, every breath,
is a gift from God." Mary Manin Morrissey
101. "If we listened to our intellect, we'd never
have a love affair. We'd never have a friendship. We'd never go into business, because
we'd be cynical. Well, that's nonsense. You've got to jump off cliffs all the time and
build your wings on the way down." Ray Bradbury
Thank you for visiting! I hope you enjoyed it and will come back regularly. Please bookmark this page and
return often for inspiration to ACTION! For a list of my favorite
Motivational Quotes, click here.
Most of these Quotes have been collected and used in my
FREE weekly email newsletter, TIP's, which is sent each weekend. Start your
Monday's with ideas, strategies and solutions to build your professional practice, manage
your work and improve you life! Just click and
send the form, below:
FIVE FREE Bonus Reports!|
Click below, send the pre-addressed email
to subscribe to my FREE weekly newsletter, and you will
immediately receive a confirmation with 5 Free Bonuses!